In collaboration with Laura Collins, an ANP with an extensive dermatological background, The Elite Nurse Practitioner is proud to announce The Dermatology and Cosmetic Skin Care Course! This is the DEFINITIVE GUIDE to dermatology for the nurse practitioner! Plus, we are including a plethora of actionable cosmetic skin care topics to sweeten the course 😊
This course is designed for the nurse practitioner who is looking for the training to empower them to evaluate, diagnose, and treat 90% of the dermatological complaints you would ever see in clinical practice. It is also for the nurse practitioner who is wanting to integrate cosmetic skin care into their practice to increase their service and product offerings, which ultimately will increase your revenue!
Dermatology and cosmetic skin care are an in demand and growing service line. The skin care and dermatology industries are a multi-billionaire dollar market and they continue to grow year by year. In addition, 1 in 3 patients will have a dermatological ailment at any given time plus the population is aging and is wanting to look younger more than ever before. So, what does this mean for the astute nurse practitioner entrepreneur? A fantastic practice opportunity!
Thousands of patients are in need of quality and affordable dermatological care RIGHT NOW. Standard dermatology practices often times have multi-month waiting lists and patients become increasingly frustrated that they have to continue to live life with unhealthy appearing skin that frequently is symptomatic as well. Acne, eczema, melasma, and a variety of other skin disorders plague the appearance of countless individuals in our society. Nurse practitioners need to be stepping up to the plate and assisting patients with their dermatological needs. Well, this is exactly what this course will help the nurse practitioner do!
In addition, this course will cover dozens of cosmetic skin care services and products to help increase your practices offerings which will result in increased revenue streams! Patients are actively seeking compounded topical anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, acne, melasma, and moisturizing products. We cover all of these and more! We also cover how to provide these products via asynchronous telemedicine visits to help you build a passive income stream from your practice’s website.
This course would be perfect for the nurse practitioner interested in simply integrating dermatological and cosmetic skin care services into their established practice or for the nurse practitioner wanting to open a stand-alone skin care clinic that could be done full time. If you wanted to build a high-end cosmetic skin care clinic, then adding the products discussed in this course, providing general dermatological consultations, and providing aesthetic services would make for an amazing full-service skin care practice! Ultimately, it is up to you!
This course is designed to provide the nurse practitioner who has ZERO experience in dermatology and cosmetic skin care the necessary knowledge to get started with this growing field! This course provides you all the information you need to treat 90% of the dermatological complaints you would ever see in practice. You will walk away feeling empowered to treat your patients with dermatological complaints vs. just referring it out. We guarantee that!
You will learn:
- Why you should be integrating dermatology services and cosmetic skin care products into your practice.
- The legalities and liabilities of dermatology and cosmetic skin care.
- The foundational knowledge of dermatology including terminology, the anatomy of the skin, and common physical skin findings.
- Everything you need to know about topical steroids.
- Acne evaluation, grading, and all the available treatment options.
- The evaluation and treatment of Alopecia.
- Eczema evaluation and treatment.
- The common types of Nevi and when to be concerned.
- Skin cancer evaluation and what to do.
- The evaluation and treatment of onychomycosis.
- Psoriasis evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Rosacea and Melasma evaluation and treatment.
- The evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of 24 other of the most common dermatological conditions you will encounter in practice.
- The foundation of sun protection and sunscreen.
- The cosmetic treatment of scars, hypotrichosis (thinning eyelashes), hyperpigmentation, and xerosis (dry skin).
- The dermatological anti-aging principles and treatment options including retinoids, moisturizers, and eye treatments
- An introduction to the variety of anti-aging specific dermatological and cosmetic procedures available for the nurse practitioner.
- The most common dermatological and cosmetic skin care compounded products available on the market.
- How to chart dermatology specific visits.
- Creating the legal structure of a business.
- Telemedicine considerations including how to provide cosmetic skin care products via asynchronous telemedicine visits.
- How to market a dermatologic and cosmetic skin care practice.
- Where to order the supplies and medications.
- How to succeed and much more!
This course will also include all the supplemental documentation you will need to get started! We include informed consents, dermatology specific intake forms, visit documentation templates, privacy policies and more! You will also receive master lists for non-RX and RX skin care products. This course provides you everything you need to start providing dermatological and cosmetic skin care services to your patients!
As ADDED BONUSES to this course, we are also providing our students with multiple reference guides that you can download and keep handy in your practice! This course includes guides on acne medications, topical steroids, anti-aging, and topical compounded medications! We also decided to put together a list of the top videos that will teach you on how to do the most common dermatological procedures such as skin biopsies, skin tag removals, and more.
There are over 6 hours of video and audio content where Laura and I cover a 353-slide presentation in detail. You will also have audio files to stream and listen to so you can learn on the go!
If you are looking to integrate a high-demand, low liability, high margin, and relatively straight forward clinical service into your practice, then you need to take this course! Integrating dermatology and cosmetic skin care into your practice will increase your patient volume, patient satisfaction, and your practices bank account! So, be sure to take advantage of the discounted price on this course today!
This course is on sale for only $499! This is the DEFINITIVE guide on dermatology and cosmetic skin care for the nurse practitioner. If you are wanting to integrate dermatology into your practice and begin prescribing various cosmetic skin care products, then this course is for you!
This course awards 9 CE hours with 4 hours designated as pharmacology hours!
All Elite NP CEU applies to ANCC and AANP recertification and can be used with all Boards of Nursing.
The Elite Nurse Practitioner is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
Skin Anatomy, Dermatological Terminology, Types of Lesions, and the Foundations of Dermatology Explained...
Acne, Melasma, Rosacea, and the Most Common Cosmetic Skin Conditions Explained...
The Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of 24+ of the Most Common Dermatological Conditions Explained...
Anti-Aging, Cosmetic Dermatology, Cosmetic Skin Care Products, and Compounded Dermatological Products Explained...
Medication and Supply Ordering, Compounding Pharmacy Utilization, In Office Dispensing, and Pricing Explained...
Business Creation, Marketing, Documentation, Informed Consent, Practice Management, Telemedicine, and Malpractice Explained...
- Course Disclosure
- Course Pre-Test
- Section 1: Introduction to Dermatology and Cosmetic Skin Care. Legalities and Liabilities of Practice (11:53)
- Section 2: Anatomy of the Skin, Terminology, Different Lesions, and Topical Corticosteroids (19:43)
- Section 3: Acne Evaluation, Grading, and Treatment (32:01)
- Section 4: Acne Continued..... (24:32)
- Section 5: Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis, and HSV (26:21)
- Section 6: Herpes Zoster, Hyperhidrosis, and Keratosis Pilaris (16:47)
- Section 7: Male Pattern Alopecia, Nevi, Dysplastic Nevi, and Melanoma (25:41)
- Section 8: Molluscum, Onychomycosis, Angular Cheilitis, and Psoriasis (32:39)
- Section 9: Pyogenic Granuloma, Rosacea, Scabies, and Seborrheic Dermatitis (33:47)
- Section 10: Seborrheic Keratosis, Actinic Keratosis, Basal/Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Warts, Tinea, and Solar Lentigines (48:23)
- Section 11: Cosmetic Skin Care, Sun Protection, Melasma, Xerosis, Scars, and Hypotrichosis (25:24)
- Section 12: Anti-Aging Dermatology, Topical Retinoids, Moisturizers, and Eye Treatment (27:38)
- Section 13: Compounded Skin Care Products, Non-RX Products, In-Office Dispensing, and Dermatology Business Practice Considerations (24:34)
- Section 14: Practice Creation, Malpractice, Telemedicine, EMR, and Practice Management (34:53)
- Section 15: Marketing (13:40)
- Section 16: Consents, Documentation, Supplies, Compounding Pharmacies, Pricing, and Practice Maintenance (37:01)
- Additional Resources: Topical Steroid Guide, Compounded Medication Guide, Cosmetic Skin Care Medication Reference Guide, Acne Treatment Chart, and More!
- Practice Management Forms: Informed Consent, Intake Form, Documentation Template, Telemedicine Consent, Privacy Policies, and More!
- Course Post-Test
- Course Evaluation
100% Lifetime Money Back Guarantee on all Elite NP Courses.
I am so confident you will walk away more knowledgeable and empowered from this course, that I provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
See what others have to say...
Tashica B: Justin and the Elite NP community goes above and beyond to empower NPs! The courses, the feedback, the actionable steps/info to start a business is immeasurable! So happy I came across this forum and super excited about what I will accomplish as a result of it! So appreciative for all the useful information!
Ebony C: Justin is amazing! I love that he makes himself available, he is responsive and ready to assist in any way. I’m so grateful for his business savvy! Building my own thing was that much better and I feel supported!
Dawn S: EliteNP courses are user friendly, easy to follow, and full of information put in order for user to understand. Taking courses at your own pace, and having access to them to refer back too is golden. I can't say enough good things about my experience. Justin you rock!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have unlimited access to this course?
Absolutely! You can access this course however many times you want for however long you want! All Elite Nurse Practitioner Courses are pre-recorded and accessible indefinitely!
Can I do this via telemedicine?
Yes you can. Outside of dermatological procedures and doing a thorough in person skin examination, many simple dermatological complaints, such as acne or melasma, can be done via telemedicine. Also, providing cosmetic skin care products that patients can purchase directly off your website makes for a great passive income source!
Do I need to have a specialized certification to provide dermatological or cosmetic skin care services?
No! Providing dermatological services falls into the scope of any nurse practitioner. There is no certification or specialized license required to provide the services and products described in this course.
Will this course teach me how to build dermatology or cosmetic skin care clinic from scratch?
YES! The course goes over all the aspects you need to know to start your own practice. We cover everything from supply ordering, compounding pharmacies, forming an LLC, marketing, and much more!
Will I be prepared to provide dermatological consultations after taking this course?
YES! This course covers 90% of what you would ever see in practice. The other 10% of conditions would be very advanced clinical illness or rare conditions that would need to be referred to a dermatologist. Otherwise, a nurse practitioner should be able to walk away from this course confident in the management of most dermatological conditions.
What cosmetic skin care services does this course cover?
This course covers the foundational knowledge you need to implement cosmetic skin care into your practice. We cover the most in-demand and commonly used RX and Non-RX cosmetic skin care products on the market. Additionally, the variety of cosmetic skin care procedures that are available to the nurse practitioner are discussed for those looking for more services/ideas to implement into their practice.
Will this course go over how to market a dermatology and cosmetic skin care practice?
Absolutely! You must get the word out about your clinic if you want to get busy! Word of mouth is fine, but it can take a long time for that to happen! You must market your practice if you want to grow and make money quickly! Remember, marketing is the number one function of your practice! Therefore it is critical to market appropriately and we will cover the marketing foundations with you.
I already own a practice, would this course benefit me?
Definitely! Having the knowledge to treat your patients dermatological conditions will increase patient satisfaction tremendously. Additionally, integrating cosmetic skin care products into your practice will increase your revenue!
Is having a DEA number necessary?
Nope, nothing we discuss is considered a controlled substance. The only reasons you would need a DEA is if you utilized a compounded product with a controlled substance in it, but that is generally not applicable to dermatology or cosmetic skin care.
Will this offer CME?
YES! This course offers 9 CE hours. The Elite Nurse Practitioner is credentialed as an organization that can provide CEU through the ANCC. CEU awarded through The Elite Nurse Practitioner applies to ANCC, AANP, and all boards of nursing!
Will this course provide a certificate of completion?
Yes! A certificate is issued at the end of the course that will show the CEU hours and your completion of this course. You can also use this to submit for reimbursement and provide your malpractice carrier.
Hi, I'm Justin Allan MSN FNP
I am the owner and author of The Elite Nurse Practitioner, one of the hottest blogs for nurse practitioners who want to break free from the shackles of modern healthcare.
I have been practicing as an NP for 7 years. I have worked all over the country and in many different settings. I became sick of working for others and not earning what I knew what was possible and fair. So, I decided to venture out on my own.
I now own multiple successful side practices and businesses as an NP. My goal is to share the knowledge I have learned and developed to my fellow NP colleagues so you can reach a level of success that very few NPs will ever achieve. It is possible to build profitable practices and businesses as a nurse practitioner! Do not let anyone else tell you otherwise!
Follow me at www.elitenp.com!
Interested in learning more? Check out the rest of The Elite Nurse Practitioner course line up!
Interested in bundling some courses? Visit our bundle checkout for big savings: